|The Minotaur Project is an extraordinary approach to the human destiny and addresses human fears using the methodology of overcoming one’s fears and the expansion of one’s identity.
Fear is an instinctive reaction to natural danger and is linked to our responses of fight or flight. Fears are therefore an important mechanism of our survival. In modern culture, however, human behaviour has been progressively affected by fictitious fears that have been perverting our innate wisdom.
The Minotaur, in Greek Mythology, is a mythical creature, (with the head of a bull and the body of a man) that lived in the centre of a labyrinth, an elaborate maze like structure. The Minotaur is a creature that possesses, at the same time, the strength of the instincts and the innocence of nature; that live within us as a primordial power.
The labyrinth, symbolically represents the path towards our full realization, in which we are called to face the obstacles that limit us. At the center of the labyrinth is the Minotaur, that is, our deep desires, our repressions and fears, and also our savage innocence.
The mission of the “project” is to re-establish contact with these primordial forces, to value their beauty and their power of self-regulation. In this experience, the “challenge” doesn’t consist in killing the “Inner Minotaur” but in assuming it – making it our own.
“The methodology of the “project” consists in facing the crisis situation by means of dances and ceremonies that have the appearance of the archaic “Mysteries” that leads us to existential enlightenment” … Rolando Toro
What is required to participate in the Minotaur Project weekend?
- A willingness to confront and face the fears in the areas of our life where we feel we are not fully manifesting our identity.
- It is strongly advised that you have been participating in a regular weekly Biodanza class for at least one year.
- Even if you have done the Minotaur before this workshop can be repeated to work through other fears or obstacles that are coming up NOW in your life
How will it work?
- The weekend will start on the Friday afternoon where Stephen will be available for a personal dialogue (booked by appointments) to discuss the Tree of Fears. This is followed, in the evening, by an integrative vivencia to create the affective womb or matrix of the group necessary to contain the ceremony of challenges that will take place during the Saturday and Sunday.
- During the course of the weekend each participant will be given a challenge to confront the predominant fears they have identified in the questionnaire.
- It is recommended that you stayover at the venue for the duration of the workshop
BOOK NOW FOR THE EARLY BIRD SPECIAL!!!
SPECIAL DISCOUNTS FOR REPEAT MINOTAUR!!!
DISCOUNTS FOR COUPLES!!!
Stephen is an experienced facilitator and didactic teacher of Biodanza with over 20 years of experience. He began his journey with Biodanza in South Africa in 1998 when Carolina Churba Doyle first pioneered Biodanza in SA. After completing the Biodanza Facilitator Training Program he moved to The Netherlands where he established weekly groups and completed the Didactic training program. Stephen has also been the Director of the Amsterdam and Eindhoven Schools of Biodanza in The Netherlands. He now lives and works in Italy.
“Biodanza has been my life and passion for the past 20 years. I have witnessed how the Biodanza system, as created by Rolando Toro, has served to bring more integration and healing into the lives of those who have followed the weekly Biodanza process, including that of my own. The Minotaur Project is an essential extension to the regular weekly process which allows us to look more deeply at those areas in our life where fear prevents us from manifesting our unique and profound identity.”
Simunye Nogathando, 36 Modderfontein Road, President Park AH, Midrand,1685
CONTACT ELBA DIRECTLY FOR ACCOMMODATION
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL : R 1 800
Pay before 10 August 2018
Full price: (50% deposit by 10 August) R 2 000
Repeat Minotaur: R 1 500
Early Bird R 1 600 pp
Full Price R 1 800 pp
Repeat R 1 300 pp
Please pay via EFT into the following Account:
Acc Name: Life In Your Hands
Bank: Standard Bank
Account Number: 01 325 298 4
Please use your name as a reference with the letters: BIO eg. BIOPAUL
CONTACT FEROZA ON 0836433322 OR EMAIL: email@example.com FOR MORE INFORMATION!!!!!